Wednesday 22 December 2010

Black and Gold Forever Friends

Firstly - I must apologise to Yvonne for not posting this sooner - she told me off LOL
This is my first attempt at using my Forever Friends Black and Gold Limited Edition CD-ROM.
I know that some people have had an issue with the compatibility of the disc with their computer software, but I have to say, that once I managed to install the software for the disc onto my laptop, I have had no issues and have found it a wonderful disc to use.
The screen layout allows you to place everything on your virtual card to see how it will look, before you commit to printing anything and wasting ink unecessarily.
As I only received the disc a couple of days before Denise's birthday, I had to familiarise myself with it quite quickly, and as you can see, didn't do too badly, I don't think.
I used the Do-Crafts recycled card blanks in a 13.5x13.5 square, and folded the front cover in half to create an easel card, before covering in the backing papers and toppers that I printed from the disc. I also printed extra toppers so that I could decoupage them.
The frames on the disc made a great sentiment box, and were the support to hold the front of the easel in position.
Happy Birthday Denise x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo

    As you had just received the disk you have done a fabulous job of this card. I'm sure she loved it.

    By the way, I wasn't telling you off - as if I would! Just reminding you that you hadn't posted your creation and you should post them all so we can see how clever you are.

    Hope you had a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I know, I just need a kick up the bum to remind me now and again. Glad you liked it xx

    ReplyDelete