Monday 7 June 2010

Ruby Anniversary Card

With a little bit of help form a wonderful bloggy friend - (you know who you are!) I was able to create this Ruby Anniversary card for Sharon and Mike.
I used a cream pearlescent card blank for the background, and red card stock run through the cuttlebug for the top and bottom border.
The image is where my friend came in, as I had nothing appropriate. This was mounted to create a matt, and layered onto the blank.
I typed the sentiment on the PC and chose a font that worked with the look of the card.

Inside I created an insert using a verse from a website that offers copyright free insert wording ideas. The left hand detail was created using some more red card that I put through my Martha Stewart deep edge cutter, and then attaching the the left of the insert.
I was very pleased with the result and, once I gave it to Sharon, I know she liked it too.
Happy Anniversary to you both. x

3 comments:

  1. Oops, sorry I think I wrote Steward and I meant Stewart!!!!! It's late!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo you have made a brilliant job of that card and I love the way you did the insert with the Martha Steward deep edge cutter too - makes it really special.

    Sure they loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. QVC have craft programmes on all this week if you get a chance to tune in.

    ReplyDelete